Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hurt Goes Both Ways

I disappointed someone today, and to make it worse he is - or claims to be, a Christian brother. I hung up on him after asking him not to call me anymore. And then I blocked him. I did it in anger. I’m still angry.

I could even be wrong.

I really don’t care.

There are people in this world who have the patience and understanding of a saint. Who can accept imperfection in others without a thought to themselves. Who are living examples of Corinthians, the very essence of the passage describing love. Long suffering, never remembering anything against them, living to serve others in prayer and with their human needs.

I am certain that the Lord pairs people like them with people like me to protect them.

We do our best, we try. We forgive for a while. But eventually we have to call out the idiots in this world who choose to be users.

Someone has to look them in the eye and tell them that God loves them, but they are done. The house is closed, you don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here.

So, if I have disappointed you I am sorry -- sort of -- if you deserved it then grow up. And don’t call me, I’ve blocked your number.

No comments:

Post a Comment