Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We Are Doubling Our Production


This week we headed out with the Shasta Photo Club to the Mt. Shasta Lavender Farms to see the mountain and learn as a group. Now when I say we -- I mean myself and the newest member of the family to take on the title "Photographer", my wife Kim. After watching me play with my camera for 12 months and seeing some of the other club members work she purchased her own camera and lenses.

So, as those who know both of us will assure you, it is only a matter of time before people saying "have you seen that work by the Platt's?" will mean her. It will be like teaching my youngest to play guitar, after a couple years I just gave him mine, he had become a Jedi Master.


Meanwhile, back to the Mt. Shasta trip, it was 100+ degrees outside, there were no clouds in the sky, the blooms were a couple of weeks away and nearby fires cast a smoky haze over the valley. It was not perfect. Oh well, no one said it was gonna be easy. We concentrated on enjoying being outside, the good company and close up subjects.

The owners are also starting a new vineyard, as new business owners they are doing almost everything on their own, including the gardening. They have only a couple of helpers, this fella was willing to pose in front of the mountain for me, which I thought was nice.


That's it for now, next weekend is 4th of July, hopefully there will be some fun color shots to share from our nation's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment